Wow. I’ve been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award!! An ENORMOUS thank you to Emi from Four Leaves for the nomination. Honestly, I’m so touched. :) *hugs*
As a result, I’ve got a bit of a change in theme today. No writing tips or experiences, just sharing the blogging love. Here’s what it’s all about. The Beautiful Blogger Award is for creativity, originality, and contribution to the blogging community.
The guidelines are to list seven random facts about yourself; post a link to the blog of the person who nominated you (done that!!); link to seven other bloggers who are deserving of the award; and let those bloggers know that you’ve nominated them. Pretty simple, right? So here goes. :)
Seven random facts about me:
- I’m right handed in everything I do, except playing (ice) hockey. I hold a hockey stick left handed for some reason; it feels more comfortable that way. My husband is right handed too, but the kids (even the baby) are left-handed. Not sure where that came from!
- I changed my surname legally when I was sixteen years old. There was no family split or crisis or anything; I just wanted a different name.
- I was also sixteen when I finished school – and I don’t mean left, but finished year 12. I then took a year off to do a student exchange because I figured sixteen was just a little bit young to start university.
- My favourite movie is Kenneth Branagh‘s version of Henry V, though the Lord of the Rings movies are a close second. I’ve read The Lord of the Rings in its entirety every year since I was eighteen.
- I don’t wear make-up, or do my hair in any special way beyond brushing it. The face-paint and hair dryer come out for weddings, funerals and job interviews. And that’s it.
- At twenty-one I had my jaw broken and re-set in order to correct a chronic and severe overbite. I now only have about 40% feeling in my chin due to the severing of a nerve, but at least I have a chin.
- I learned to play the piano as a child, and apparently got quite good, but the fact that I am absolutely tone deaf meant that I lost interest when I couldn’t tell when I was doing something wrong.
Right. Did that bore the pants off you? It’s amazing how hard it can be to think of seven random things about yourself that others might find even vaguely interesting.
Now for my seven nominations. I admit I initially struggled to find seven, mostly because many of my initial thoughts had already been nominated. I have, however, come up with some absolute beauties that I hope you check out. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Confessions of a Stuffed Olive, by Holly Kench. Holly did my guest post last Friday so this might seem like just additional promotion, but you really must check out her blog. I follow a lot of people, but she’s one of the few that I read every single time.
- Colleen Moore. Another writer working on a first novel, I can really relate to her experiences and struggles – and she puts them so well!
- Amelia Curzon. Not only does she have some great insights on the writing process, but her guest posts are amazing. (Not including mine, of course. That would just be conceited.)
- The Monster’s Ink, by Alyson Miers. Social commentary with bite, this is a great read, even if you’re not American.
- Anne Chaconas. I can’t help but just agree with her!
- Justin O’Leary at Write21. An amazing resource for writers. My only complaint is that he doesn’t post often enough.
- Ingrid Gascoigne at Destination: denouement. Can I just say … I can relate!!
So there are my Beautiful Bloggers. All that’s left for me to to is tell them they’ve been nominated …. which I will get to just as soon as I’ve taken the baby to his swimming lesson. Thanks again to Emi for the nomination, and next week I’ll return to normal scheduling. :)