Wow. Last week the stars must have been shining on me particularly brightly, because I was nominated for not one, but four different blog awards. *blushes* Of course, they all have their own rules about acceptance and re-nominations, so rather than overwhelm you with all the different facts about myself and lists of other bloggers I want to nominate, I’m going to do them one at a time, say three or four weeks apart.
This week, I’d like to give a huge thank you to Lynn Thompson, who nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thanks Lynn! *hugs* Lynn has a wonderful blog over at http://lynnthompsonbooks.blogspot.com/ and I urge you to go check it out as soon as you can.
“Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy”
What I have to do now is answer eight questions about myself and nominate ten other bloggers for this award. So, here goes.
1. What is your favorite Christmas/festive movie? I’m hugely sentimental, so things like Miracle on 34th Street and It’s a Wonderful Life are guaranteed to leave me a slobbering mess. This of course means I love them.
2. What is your favorite flower? I like white flowers, especially white daffodils (the kind that are all white, not white with a yellow centre) and white tulips. I have no idea why, they just appeal to me. I’m not a big fan of roses, but if someone wants to give me some I’m not about to say no.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? I’m a tea drinker, so I’ll probably say that, but it has to be strong, and made with real leaves rather than a bag. Aside from that I am rather partial to lemon, lime and bitters.
4. What is your passion? My family, my kids. Then, probably, my writing, though sport comes very very close.
5. What is your favorite time of year? Good question! I don’t really know. I think all the seasons have their good points and their bad ones. Weather-wise, probably spring or autumn, when it’s not too hot or too cold, but I love taking the kids swimming on a hot day, or sitting in front of a fire in the middle of winter. In other words, they’re all good!
6. What is your favorite time of day? Afternoon. Despite having young children I’m not really a morning person, but I also go to bed early so I can’t call myself a night owl. That time between lunch and dinner, though, is lovely and also when I’m at my most productive.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Another good question, because I’m not a hugely physical person. I do love swimming, though (with or without the kids), and I love a bit of yoga though it’s been a very long time since I’ve done it properly.
8. What is your favorite vacation? My dad has a beach house on the coast about an hour’s drive from our place. The local bakery is fantastic and the beach is long, white and unspoiled. I love it.
Right. Do you feel you know me a little better now? Good. Now I have to nominate ten other bloggers for this award, so here they are:
Devoted Eclectic, by Elizabeth Lheude
Novel Girl, by Rebecca Berto
Poeta Officium, by Virginia
Sendero, by Max Tomlinson
Margaret Lynette Sharp
Here She Goes Again, by AD Duling
Can You all Hear Me in the Back? by Darlene Craviotto
Totallytawn, by Tawn
A Little Shelf of Heaven, by Kristy
I hope you have bookmarked all these sites and will go and follow them all pronto, because they’re great bloggers who thoroughly deserve this award. Thanks again to Lynn for the nomination, and happy reading!